Daisy-Chaining Lights

Hi - I've bought a 150W floodlight with PIR sensor. I'm potentially not allowed this??
This is another one of those situations where the 'law' is given as guidance to the Local Authorities and it is their responsibility to assess whether anyone is guilty of light pollution - which is the issue.
Some councils suggest 200w (Gravesham) per light some suggest 120w (Sefton).
Others work to a lumens scale because a 10w LED floodlight can be just as a much of a pain as a halogen rated at 120w.
Most say that the lighting power/lumens value is less of an issue where properly functioning PIR's are in place - nearly all say it is better to fit bulkhead style lights around your house rather than floodlights.
The only true to answer to your question is to speak to your Local Authority and seek their views.

Sponsored Links
Ah OK I see. Well I have fitted it now (plus the other PIR light outside the back door) and all works and looks great. Cup of tea time!

I'll look into the council rules though and can always downgrade the bulb if needed.

Thanks again for the help.

I'm not sure I understand the question. It's probably because it was manufactured as such?

Sponsored Links
I think the question is WTH did you say you were going to install a 200W light when you'd bought a 150W one?

OK - my original intention was install a 200W light. But between posting the reminder question yesterday morning and getting a reply, I'd been to my electrical supplier - they didn't have a 200W light so I bought a 150W light instead.

Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back