DALI single room dimming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

I've been called in at short notice to a job where the LED panels are required to be dimmable, the Triodonic drivers are DALI dimmable but the installer has installed standard dimmers on the switch-drop. I know this is wrong, the supplier has spoken to the manufacturer and has assured him the correct modules are on the way, but I doubt he grasps the wiring modifications required!

Each fitting receives it's feed from an Hager/Ashley klick distribution box. This will only be used to supply each fitting with a permanent live once DALI is used.

Having read up on the subject it looks to me like control units and programming are needed, given that each room has its own dimmer and it's own set of LED panels; Is it possible to just have a DALI dimmer module connected to (no more than 6) LED drivers with no more gear in-between?

Any input would be greatly appreciated (at least it's not another 'why is this black wire doing the job of a red' type question!)

Adam.

Sponsored Links
Are they rubbish? I acquired 3 13w LED fittings and setup as above free from the manufacturer (via a specifier friend..). The light is great and no problems so far, just need some more DALI transformers for the other lights in the bathroom

Sponsored Links
Looks like a bit of a nightmare!

After some research is seems the Triodonic drivers can be dimmed using what they call 'switch-dim' so all I have to do is connect N to D1 and a switched live to D2. A retractive push-to-make switch then makes all the dimming happen.

Having read up on DALI is quite interesting, however it seems more suited to whole-building control where daylight compensation and such is required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back