Low energy downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I could do with a little advice on this subject. I currently have 2 rooms with a standard setup of halogen downlighters, transformers and dimmers.

I don't think the job was done properly as some of the bulbs no longer come on in the cellar (bulbs have been checked and appear to be fine).

I would like to switch them all to low energy dimmable LED of similar lighting power and have seen the bulbs for around £25 each.

The dimensions of the LED bulbs suggest they are bigger than what I've got now and they also claim that transformers are not required so my question is really:

Should the whole lot be replaced with new fittings & wiring that are made for low energy/LED bulbs or can I reuse my current wiring setup (with transformers) and just get some new fittings for the bulbs? I will ofcourse need to look into the problem with the lights that no longer come on but they are very tricky to get at.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
if they don't need transformers they are mains 230v
your set up is 12v from the transformer
so you need compatable fitting or compatable bulbs
and by compatable bulbs i mean ones that will work with the actual transformers installed as over rated or underrated can both be a problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back