Damage caused from not getting temporary roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We are just starting my biggest project yet and would appreciate some advice/opinions on weather it’s worth getting a temporary up and over scaffold roof.

We are taking the roof off our bungalow and raising the ridge to create a new first floor, with 5 dormers. We have a builder who is suggesting an up and over scaffold roof so would be interested to know whether you guys think it’s really necessary.

We are completely remodelling the bungalow and renewing almost everything. Ceilings, complete re-wire, re-plumb, all new door/skirting/architrave. Re-skim, render outside etc. So my query is does it really matter if the shell gets wet for a few weeks while the roof is being done? If so what can be damaged? And does it justify the £6000 additional cost of up and over scaffold?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
It seems expensive, ours was £2400 for a Semi with dormer, 9mtrs x 7mtrs then 3 stories.

It stopped any downtime for the guys working because it was done in November and December but also the rest of our house was finished so needed protecting.

I’m not sure i’d use it in your situation.

If you were asking this question in July, I’d say perhaps take a chance but November?

Wrong time of the year to be embarking on such work really but I'd have some sort of protection without a doubt.

Sponsored Links
Back