Damage to Garage Wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if someone could advise me what I should do.

I have an en-block garage, built in 1968 which is situated behind the grounds of a school. The school has been re-building its sports hall and have dug out the soil about 3 feet deep behind my garage with a huge digger and concreted the entire area. It seems this has slightly moved the wall at the back of my garage, which is facing the re-concreted area and a long crack has appeared along the entire height of one side of the garage, both inside and out. The corrugated roof panel right by the wall has dropped down, presumably because the wall moved back a little bit by the top.

I have asked one of the builders to inspect the wall and was told the garage is old and has other faults in the wall and some missing mortar, so the cracks could just be a coincidence and not attributed to their building work.

What do I have to do in order to prove the cracks are new get the builders to repair them? I have uploaded some photos to show how the cracks look.

Sponsored Links
Time to complain is immediately when you spotted the cracks, alert your local BCO - who would already have been "involved" in the work at the school - or your own SE.

The inside corners and some of the brickwork shows signs of previous remedial work.
Perhaps, you had historic cracks that have opened up again due to - possibly the school work, or possibly something else?

Maybe, discuss the above with a SE, or the BCO.

FWIW: Your roofing material appears to have failed.Pic 3.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back