Damaged a meter neutral feed cable to CU

Been thinking though - I wonder if the uppermost surface of the cables will be 50mm below the surface? If the chase itself is only 35mm deep then they won't be.
Pictures show battens on the wall, so the cables will be more than 50mm below the finished surface.

Where are these battens you can see? All I can see is plasterboard adhesive and evidence of its presence.

Sponsored Links
Pictures show battens on the wall, so the cables will be more than 50mm below the finished surface.

There are no battens on the wall just dot and dab- you are mistaking the hessian clad 15mm copper pipe on the left for batten I presume? There is also a 10mm copper pipe in white plastic trunking on the very edge of the cut that was going to the removed rad.

The existing plasterboard is 10mm not 12.5mm

Sponsored Links
but that wouldn't look great and my wife wouldn't be happy, is there a better option?

hi . i know this is of no help but it would be your cheapest option, other than put the tails in the cavity or board it over and forget it..

if it was me i would ring the niceic or the eca and get them to come and look at the job, assuming the contractor that did the job is a member of one of these organisations..

Rang niceic and they will only get involved when Taylor Wimpey have agreed as they are the ultimate contractor of the sparky.

Tails in the cavity would be ideal but apparently that's a no no according to the installers yesterday, although I swear I read somewhere recently that they can be if in conduit....anyone please confirm?

If not, then the only option is as per RF's idea and running the tails externally and up into the floor space before into the CU. As in this pic-

typical NICEIC sh*t... thats why i refuse to join them... i am a member of the ECA..

the niceic bleet on about contrctors being inspected and work up to standard well its a load of *******s,, when they are asked to investigte they are like the nhbc they put their heads in the sand... and they cheat the tax man as they are a registerd chrity i think as well

if it was me and lived a little closer i would put them in the cavity for you .. i have no issues about this nor has the ECA..

oh go tell the niceic you will go to the press.. to**ers

Ha ha ECA what a joke.

The NICEIC are not a registered charity.

You clearly have no idea what they do, and are one of these people who beleives everything they hear in the wholesalers and repeat it parrot fashion without bothering to find out if any of it is even remotely true. :rolleyes:

Ha ha ECA what a joke.

The NICEIC are not a registered charity.

You clearly have no idea what they do, and are one of these people who beleives everything they hear in the wholesalers and repeat it parrot fashion without bothering to find out if any of it is even remotely true. :rolleyes:

whooo calm down.. was in the nic for over 20 years so before you start to slag me off for not knowing about the niceic you better get your facts right and take a look at your self..

one thing will be for certain an niceic company will have put thoses tails in..

oh and here for your information mr know it all is the facts about the niceic..

Company Registration
Ascertiva Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Electrical Safety Council.

Company name: Ascertiva Group

Registered address:

Warwick House
Houghton Hall Park
Houghton Regis
Dunstable
Bedfordshire
LU5 5ZX

Company No: 02513162

As I'm sure you know, that is incorrect.
yeah what a joke...
Hence the " ;) " in my post.

But NICEIC were a charity for many years, then they changed their name to the ESC (a charity) and then the ESC (still a charity) formed a commercial trading company called NICEIC, run by the same people, with all profits going to the ESC. (Profits, BTW, which are gift-aided, so the taxpayer coughs up a contribution too.)

NICEIC not being a registered charity is more legal and accounting smoke and mirrors than anything else.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back