Damaged a meter neutral feed cable to CU

He says.... What advice does he have for today’s youngsters? “The right attitude is just as important as
being bright;

well maybe he sounds like he ought to take a leaf out of his own book..

looks a like a right know it all..

Sponsored Links
whoops forgot this

“Customer service is top of my
list and if something isn’t
working, we fix it.

tell him he might have to do the rest of the estate.. :D

whoops forgot this

working, we fix it.

In all honesty, the danger presented here is so high that they really should do the whole estate again.

Sponsored Links
Don't want to spoil the contractor-bashing party, but surely two things would make this job compliant?

Inserting boxes to mark the position of the tails.

Skimming the whole wall so the tails are 50mm under.

Sure, it's not ideal, but it complies, no?

You can be certain that the contractors will want to do as little as possible to rectify the issue, as illustrated by their recent efforts.

Posted on behalf of Buzx, who put this in the wrong thread (I think!)

whoops forgot this

working, we fix it.

The approved plan is to remove the existing 3layer capping and replace with earthed steel plates screwed to the wall in exactly the same route and then dry walled over.

The approved plan is to remove the existing 3layer capping and replace with earthed steel plates screwed to the wall in exactly the same route and then dry walled over.

yep that sounds ok to me..

the problem with all this, and we have had some fun out of it as well, is that the tails were installed incorrectly so you have to ask what else is wrong that no one can see... :(

That sounds complicated...Have they outlined what products they will use to achieve this?

(Gosh, I sound like Ban!)

I believe that the NICEIC have had the info but I haven't. The NICEIC will reinspect after the job to ensure that it complies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back