damaged bathroom tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , I am hoping for some guidance .

i have tried to remove our old shower screen and found that there was silicon down the middle . I have managed to damage some tiles while removing the silicon.The damage is where the bracket originally sat so my thinking was that if siliconed on either side it was unlikely to soak through

What I need to know is

1. do I have to replace the tiles with new ones ?

2. Is it possible to fill the damage with silicon or filler and into the tiles and install the bracket? .

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Danny

Attachments

• Outlook.com (2).zip
    71.1 KB · Views: 137
Sponsored Links
Ideally you would replace, but this could cause extra damage to areas that are seen and more susceptible to water ingress.
So as a repair providing the tiles are still soundly fixed, seal the damage prior to refitting screen fixing channel/bracket, then also seal this when fitting.

OP, your Outlook file refers to nothing - why not post pics of the damaged area(s)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back