Damaged brickwork ( garden tap )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am looking for any ideas that anyone may have, that would help me in covering damaged brickwork on the outside of the house.
The damaged area is 8" square ( 200mm ).
This was caused when the previous owner installed a garden tap going through the outside wall of the utility room.
The hole around the tap is about 4" in diameter ( 100mm ) and has been filled in with cement, also 4 of the surrounding bricks have had the faces knocked off.
I cannot get bricks to match and even if I could it would be a major job to replace them.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Michael Foster ( mickfos )

Sponsored Links
Mick, i'm only a DIYer, but wanted to chuck my two penneth worth in.. if it were my, i'd take a brick or a clear digital photo of the area to any brick merchant who should be able to do you a good match.. (plently of plumbers removing flues etc manage a decent match to most buildings)... or failing that, go the other way and get a contrasting brick/block in stone, engineering (blue) or whatever is available and make a feature out of it...

if its a red brick then its fairly easy to face up use a coloured mortar. chop away the worst of the face of teh brick and then face up the brick with the mortar. repoint it and it should blend in well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back