Damaged flue terminal, what's missing?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - we recently had some building work done and it looks like the scaffolding has damaged the flue terminal fitting (see photo).

Can anyone help me to identify what is broken and so what part I need to buy?

The boiler is a Worcester-Bosch 532i

thanks

J
WP_20161213_003.jpg

Sponsored Links
What about advising the OP as to whether it is safe or not safe to operate the boiler with the flue terminal damaged ?

ok, but given that the last job I got charged over £100 for a part that I subsequently found I could purchase myself for less than £10 - can anyone let me know what part it is I need to buy - I will then ask a qualified engineer to fit it.

thanks

J

Sponsored Links
It's only a vermin guard, plumbcenter will probably have them for about 20 quid. Ask for a Worcester terminal guard but best fitted by rgi to make sure there has been no other damage to the flue while it was getting battered

Love the pros who seem to spend half their day on a DIY forum telling people what they can't do.

Leave it to the mods.

Not really, if you watch the plume emitted you will see it pushed from the boiler with some force. It is still classed as part of the flue though and any flue alterations require a combustion check as well as a visual condition check by someone who knows what they're looking at

Not sure you are right there, Ollski. It is almost a capital,offence to not cement under a manufacturers recommended seal, so I don't see that a terminal with a part missing will pass muster.

I am loving the pipeclip. Perhaps the idea is that having the clip off the wall will make the clip comply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back