Missing flue terminal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to do a landlords safety certificate for a letting agent at the weekend, the property had a Glow Worm fire/BBU. The flue terminal was missing, so I AR'd it. I know you're not supposed to replace parts on an old back boiler, due to the Energy Efficiancy Regs, but does this stretch to the terminal or can I just fit one?

Sponsored Links
EH you can fit any part that a back boiler needs no reg says you cant so yes terminal can be fitted

who said you cant repair existing boilers, lot of nonsense, get up on that roof and get it fixed, taking great care to confirm nothing has fallen down the flue!!
too much hype over people with old boilers, yes they are not as efficient as new ones but are the savings ever as big as suggested, extra gas burned with the old boiler measured against the added cost of first installing then forever repairing with expensive parts a new super duper condensing boiler

"I know your not supposed to replace parts on an old back boiler, due to energy efficiancy regs,"

what regs are these? if the terminal is missing of course you can replace it ;)

Sponsored Links
"I know your not supposed to replace parts on an old back boiler, due to energy efficiancy regs,"

what regs are these? if the terminal is missing of course you can replace it ;)
The old "stitch the custard for a new boiler" regs :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

who said you cant repair existing boilers, lot of nonsense, get up on that roof and get it fixed, taking great care to confirm nothing has fallen down the flue!!
too much hype over people with old boilers, yes they are not as efficient as new ones but are the savings ever as big as suggested, extra gas burned with the old boiler measured against the added cost of first installing then forever repairing with expensive parts a new super duper condensing boiler

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back