Flue picture problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Click on picture to enlarge.

Hi take a look at this open flued boiler flue,
Has you can see there is a flex flue liner attached and this goes into a chimney, would this pass a landlords gas safety inspection has i have just bought the property.

The boiler is a floor standing glow worm in the kitchen.

Sponsored Links
IMHO - no. There are two faults there - the flexible flue liner and the bend off the top of the boiler so the installation must be classfied as At Risk and turned off.

Definitely 'at risk' for me, whats holding the flexi liner into the clay / asbestos elbow, just a bit of fire cement?.Got to be a bit suspicious about what may turn up on the ventilation side of things aswell.

Definitely 'at risk' for me, whats holding the flexi liner into the clay / asbestos elbow, just a bit of fire cement?.Got to be a bit suspicious about what may turn up on the ventilation side of things aswell.

there is no ventilation at all .

Sponsored Links
its only ID if it is spilling POC's, but i do agree AR and would strongly advise not to use

Hi take a look at this open flued boiler flue,
Has you can see there is a flex flue liner attached and this goes into a chimney, would this pass a landlords gas safety inspection has i have just bought the property.

The boiler is a floor standing glow worm in the kitchen.

It`s incorrectly flued & has no ventilation, it is immediately dangerous & should be chopped.

although this is not fitted properly I believe a certificate would still be issued listing the faults and pos remedies,

The flue liner is NCS.
The 90deg bend is NCS

Together they make an AR

The lack of ventilation is AR

There is no ID situation unless the flue is spilling POC

although this is not fitted properly I believe a certificate would still be issued listing the faults and pos remedies,

I believe I would wet my pants if I gave that advice to my examiner on my ACS & he passed me competent.

It`s flued incorrectly: Immediately Dangerous, ie unable to remove the products of combustion.

No Ventilation. That on it`s own is an At Risk situation.

& that`s only at risk if it isn`t spilling. :rolleyes:

You can still issue a LGSC, but must cleary identify the appliance as ID.
Flue & Vent fault =ID.
Hopefuly you have already raised the CP14.

A LGSC must be issued showing the situation on first inspection/arrival, they any action marked on document regarding repair/rectification.

hmm this looks like it will turn into a decent argument :LOL:

ill say its classed as AR. the flue and vent defects are both AR seperately but as there are no signs of spillage the two together IMO dont make an ID situation, Immediately dangerous situations are for things that are happening right now, i.e. spillage.

clearly there has been nothing happening to that installation for 25 years so its only AR.

no harm in putting it ID if it gives you the willys but is there anything in the regs that says the two defects must be put as ID?

The flue liner is NCS.
The 90deg bend is NCS

Together they make an AR

The lack of ventilation is AR

There is no ID situation unless (eg) the flue is spilling POC

(there's an echo in here!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back