Damaged laminate vanity top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any product for repairing surface damage to laminate worktops?

I’m installing a bathroom with white gloss laminate worktops from Mereway Bathrooms (I believe they are melamine-faced chipboard). I was fixing the tops from below with screws and made a silly mistake of using a screw that was too long resulting in the “lifting” and cracking of the laminate face in just one small spot. None of the laminate has been lost so I was wondering if there is some resin, perhaps a white epoxy resin, that I could work into and under the damage spot to affect a repair. As I said, the surface of the laminate is gloss white, which makes me think an invisible repair will be difficult. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Very difficult to carry out an invisible repair on Gloss white surfaces at the best of times, It attracts so much light that any slight imperfection is always highlighted.
Try and source some worktop wax and do a wax repair into the area of damage

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back