Damaged Plasterboard after taking of tiles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im in the process of updating my bathroom,got a new bath etc....Ive taken the tiles off and fount the walls underneath arent to great...my main worry is the edges of the plasterboards.There are strands of fibre sticking out the edges that were under the tiles,so when i removed the tiles the strands have become very fraid and slighty damaged the plasterboard in the corners of the walls and slightly on the ceiling.....Is this a disaster or could a good plasterer get around this easliy?

Sponsored Links
That sounds to me like the remains of old scrim- tape that was used on the joints and corners.A plasterer would sort that out no problem. The main thing is the condition of the plasterboard now that the tiles have been removed.Are you going re-tile it all again or skim it? Either way,it doesn't sound too bad.Get a plasterer to come round and have a look, and get some advice.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back