Damocles and his EU

Scoby_Beasley said:
Freddie said:
If you are to have home grown food ( and you have to as any country which doesnt produce most of its own food would soon find itself in trouble --ie.----a dockers strike etc etc etc ) then every country has to subsidise its farmers in some way simply because no body would do it-----long or unsociable hours----dirty filthy work-----low wages-----huge capital outlay-----from a business point of view---a dead loss.
i do admit I grieve to see the poor farmer move his 30k Range Rover so he can get his merc out, boy, do I cry !

Well there you have the myth, but can i ask you a question Scoby---------------Why do you have a thing about what a person should spend his money on or spend the money he borrowed on??? If any body sniped at the fact that you had bought a Landrover or a Merc, or the fact that you had bought a piece of land as an investment, or that you had borrowed money against your land ( Business )to buy a bit of luxury---Then you would tell them to mind their own business and go forth and multiply

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
Scoby_Beasley said:
Freddie said:
If you are to have home grown food ( and you have to as any country which doesnt produce most of its own food would soon find itself in trouble --ie.----a dockers strike etc etc etc ) then every country has to subsidise its farmers in some way simply because no body would do it-----long or unsociable hours----dirty filthy work-----low wages-----huge capital outlay-----from a business point of view---a dead loss.
i do admit I grieve to see the poor farmer move his 30k Range Rover so he can get his merc out, boy, do I cry !

Well there you have the myth, but can i ask you a question Scoby---------------Why do you have a thing about what a person should spend his money on or spend the money he borrowed on??? If any body sniped at the fact that you had bought a Landrover or a Merc, or the fact that you had bought a piece of land as an investment, or that you had borrowed money against your land ( Business )to buy a bit of luxury---Then you would tell them to mind their own business and go forth and multiply
I wouldn't say that Freddie, i'd just tell 'em to f**k off ! ;)

I just read a piece about American farm subsidies, for a change. It said that 2/3 of US farmers get nothing. Of the remainder, 80% get an average payment of $8000. The rest, about the top 10%, get all the money.

Broadly because the bigger your farm the more money you get. Or to put it another way, the richer you are anyway, the more money they give you.

Sponsored Links
pweu17bt.jpg

"No free flights on the supersonic-Franco-JapLiner for you and yours, mate"
A stitch in time, saves nine !!
:D :D :D

But your bigger richer, and richer richer theory is the way the EU has worked since the 80's

Don't know exactly how the system works, but they got one. Apparently mr Bush chickened out of cancelling it. No doubt the reason the EU manages to get away with its own farm protection and subsidy policies is exactly because the US has got one too.

I truely believe we need the EU...

In the past GB has fought our differences out ...now we talk an not war ..

Rob-Johnson said:
I truely believe we need the EU...

In the past GB has fought our differences out ...now we talk an not war ..

Sadly Rob nobody i know or on this forum agrees with you except someone called Damocles, and i am afraid that isnt going to gain you any credability or do you any favours-------it kind of puts you in the barking mad camp

Freddie
thankyou very much for a nice word I usually get abuse from MaxPower car boards .....

I am here to just chat , (I have a shed needs doing away ...I know another thread I know , sorry,lol )

Rob-Johnson said:
Freddie
thankyou very much for a nice word I usually get abuse from MaxPower car boards .....

I am here to just chat , (I have a shed needs doing away ...I know another thread I know , sorry,lol )

Rob that wasnt abuse honest-------you will understand when you meet Damocles, usually around midnight, he is quite active then, and then disapears around daylight-say no more--------but i think there is a broad agreement across the forum and people tend to distance them selves from him------Australia mostly-------

He's gonna love you---Damocles has got a friend---oh boy----i can see him skipping round Brussels now------looks like fun. :LOL:

Um Freddie, I think you might find the US uses import quotas to stop other countries selling goods there. Which could explain how come they manage to sell their own produce . Just like the EU, really.

Sponsored Links
Back