Damp coming out of wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I bought a house last year. One of the external cob walls was completely sodden from a leaking chimney - all the plaster had fallen off and the cob beneath was more like mud. The chimney issues were fixed and the walls re-plastered. I had a stud wall erected too to divide the 2 rooms. See below:

IMG_1214.JPG

You can see theres damp coming out of the cob wall and soaking into the plasterboard. Should I use a dehumidifier on it? Or it it a losing battle/make not much difference? Luckily it doesnt seem to be attracting mould.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes. The wall should have been left for atleast 6 months to dry before being plastered. Unfortunately the builders didnt do this (and I didnt even think to question it as I trusted them). TBH Im surprised there isnt a load more damp showing. The cob was sodden!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back