Damp course injection kit hire

I am quite staggered that anyone would consider hiring equipment and injecting walls in the absence of any evidence whatsoever that rising damp is present. Firstly, establish whether a physical damp proof course is present or not? How old is the property?

Follow one of two golden rules, if a physical DPC is installed then ensure that external finished floor levels are a minimum of 150mm below internal finished floor level. If no physical DPC is present then this requirement increases to 200mm. Once you have this ensure that wall bases are not painted or rendered over. Walls need to be bare to allow moisture to evaporate and this is the key to preventing rising damp, not installing an unnecessary retrofit chemical damp proof course. Breathability is the key to preventing damp in old stone properties, particularly sandstone and I wouldn't mind betting that at some point someone has tanked the internal walls with waterproof render or renovating plaster. If they have then it needs to come off, this type of treatment is completely inappropriate for this sort of building. I'm not against using Dryzone occasionally but it is rarely required.

Sponsored Links
The external render is a mess, no wonder the walls are damp. I am not convinced you are dealing with sandstone walls here. Also what are the internal floors, concrete or timber. What year was it constructed?
My advice would be to expose an area of masonry below the render to see what you are dealing with. External render down to the floor will cause damp and the problem is compounded by the fact that someone has applied a coat of black impermeable paint. What is the difference between internal and external finished floor level?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back