Damp, found the cause possible fix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Moved into house have been redecorating a room. In the corner of the room at the front was built in cupboards from floor to ceiling, they must of been there 20 years. I ripped these out and then had room skimmed, I can remeber after ripped them out the wall was cr*pper then the rest and very crumbly.

I then noticed today where the cupboards had been a damp corner :cry: , wet to the touch. Got the ladder out went up it there is some gutting pipe that runs from the roof down, I found a 2 x 2 inch hole behind it. Considering the pipe is old it must of been there for years and explains why the wall was in cr*p condition. The ran must of been blown into it hence the damp patch with was about 7inch x 10inch.

I dont want to remove the pipe, so access is limited, would I get away with filling the hole with the expanding foam or is that not waterproof ? or would expanding foam and sealant be enough ?

I recon the hole was there for years, so the wall could be quite damaged crumbly etc, do I need to get that repair or would I get away with just filling hole and stopping it getting anyworse ?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back