Holes in Brickwork between wall and bay window frame.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had new double glazing window bay put into my living room about 18 months ago. Today I've noticed a crack and on closer inspection see that all materials in the wall have crumbled away to leave a hole between the window frame and wall. (Picture attached) and the black sheeting is now visible.

Just after some suggestions for filling this hole, I'm considering expanding foam filler but just wanted some professional advice beforehand.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The attached picture you mention is not there.
However expanding foam is about the best thing you can use, best with a gun with a suitable thin nozzle that way you can get the foam packed tightly into the deepest recesses. If the foam expands to far, allow it to fully harden then cut it of with a sharp knife...pinenot :)

Sponsored Links
You might have more than just a "hole" that requires making good.

If you are interested in learning more, then please come back with some pics of the whole bay from inside and outside and the ceiling above the bay in the room in your posted pic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back