Damp garage floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I've got a 1930's house, the garage floor has no damp proof membrane it's ok in the summer but in the winter it gets damp. I don't want to dig it out as I'm worried about the gas pipe and electrics, so I'm thinking of laying a dpm on top of it and then slabing over it. Any thoughts or better suggestions. Thanks Jason

Sponsored Links
Hello all, I've got a 1930's house, the garage floor has no damp proof membrane it's ok in the summer but in the winter it gets damp. I don't want to dig it out as I'm worried about the gas pipe and electrics, so I'm thinking of laying a dpm on top of it and then slabing over it. Any thoughts or better suggestions. Thanks Jason

Is the damp purely from a cold garage floor or is there single skin wall issues here too? Is a bit of damp on a garage floor cause for concern?

No the damp comes through the floor, we have quite a high water table so when we had all that heavy rain the sump pump was working over time and the garage floor was damp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back