damp in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a cupboard in my bathroom that is built on an externally facing wall. The wall is as far as i can see just bare plaster and is not sealed or painted. Condensation is accumulating on this wall and going into the plaster and then rising up the wall so that above this cupboard a damp patch is rising up the painted part of the wall above the cupboard.

I think that if I was to seal the wall on the inside of the cupboard with something then whilst that part of the wall would still suffer from condensation the water would stop rising up the visible part of my wall. At a later date I will then put a ventilation hole in that part of the wall to sort the condensation problem permanently.

Any suggestions of what I could use inside the cupboard to seal the wall. I am presuming that emulsion would not be enough. Gloss?

Sponsored Links
sounds good- :) but you need to make that hole in the bathroom wall and get an extractor fan in it to get the damp air out :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back