damp, mould , hairline cracks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
could anyone please help me, how do you treat damp on celings? there was a leak from up stairs and the downstairs room is showing signs of damp? what steraliser, barrier cream and fungaside do i need. and please could you explain step by step on what to do. also on the celing is hairline cracks...is there any point in filling these in with fine surface filler or should i just flood them with paint. thanks x :D

Sponsored Links
Let it dry right out, then apply a couple of coats of oil based undercoat and see how it looks. If it's good - then simply repaint it.

Hi channy00

Although your heading mentions mould you don't actually say you've got
any. If your worried about it forming it shouldn't do with just a leak that was sorted out right away, it's only when it's constant damp like condensation or damp from a constant leak.

However if there is some there wash it down with a strong bleach.
After that joe-90 is spot on.

And you'll probably end up putting three coats of paint on with your top coat, so don't worry about hairline cracks.

T

http://hubpages.com/hub/Painting-Tips-and-Tricks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back