Damp on one inside garage wall - climbing flower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I have a detached single brick garage with a felt roof. This is a 1980's build with a concrete floor and a does have a damp proof course in the floor. As far as I can see there is no leaking through the roof but one of the walls is always damp. The only difference I can see is that the wall which is damp has a clematis on the outside of the wall which covers the whole of that wall. So the external side of the wall is completed covered by the clematis (climbing flower). I'm in the process of converting this garage into a small recording studio and have noticed the damp is now coming through onto the insulation on the stud wall. The stud wall is 2 inches from the brick wall so its not touching the brick. I aim to now take the rockwool out and put a vapour barrier on the outside of the stud wall as well as the inside to help stop this, but ideally i would like to get to the damp problem and fix this.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Have uploaded an image to give you an idea. My thoughts are that the wall has no room to breath hence the damp on the inside. My mrs wants to keep this so I'm thinking if I take if off the wall and give it 2 feet gap it may help.

Thanks

That need a good prune. Can you chop back some of it, maybe fix a freestanding trellis a foot away from the wall, to trail it up?

Sponsored Links
I don't know., and neither will you unless you cut it back and have a look.

Just tell the wife it definitely is, then she might let you have a go at it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back