Damp on plaster on exterior wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just noticed today that in my little girls bedroom on one of the exterior walls the plaster and paint seems as though there has been moisture in there. When touching the wall the paint seems very flaky as well and bumpy adacent to where the chimney stack is.

This wall is adjacent to the chimney stack and I was wondering if its coming from there and under the flashing?

Because we thought we had solved the problem when we moved in a year ago, we put acropol+ on the flashing replastered the wall and it all seemed ok for a bit - now the problem has come back

Any ideas? The house is mainly built out of brick/block but the area where there is the damp is timber framed and clad with tile. I have attached 4 pics 2 are of the interior wall and 2 are of the exterior.

I appreciate all your help and what you think the cause may be and how to resolve it

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back