damp or condensation??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so i have had two building managers tell me two different things. I'm living in a ground floor flat

There is mold growing on the bottom of the walls and slowly moving up the walls and the wall paper is starting to peel from the bottom, also my wood floor is starting to bow with the amount of water on the floor. When i pull the carpet and underlay back in my bedrooms the floor is soaking wet to the point i have to dry it constantly the carpet is remaining mostly dry due only to the fact of the thickness of the underlay which is also soaking wet

This is only happening on the walls that are on the external of the house (although it is now starting to move in over onto internal walls) and only around the bottom of the walls the top of the walls are completely dry. No mold or anything to the top of the walls

I live in a ground floor flat and this happening in my living room, bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen.

anyone know if this sounds like condensation or damp.

Sponsored Links
Any specific areas, or is it overall? ...pinenot :)

some pictures of what its like getting worse as time goes on as yous can see only happening around the bottom of the walls[/img]

Sponsored Links
External pics of the wall would be more use, close up and at distance including roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back