Damp patch in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have noticed that there is some drops of water (damp) coming through the sealant onto a surface. It is only a very small amount and I was wondering how I can get rid of it? Could I reapply some sealant? I really don't want to remove the tile on the wall to see what is happening behind it.

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
Hi Woody - basically it is between the top of the wooden cabinet and the tile we have on the wall, it looks like a clear sealant that has been put down between the bottom of the tile and the top of the wood surface. I am assuming that the water is coming from behind as I cannot see where it could be coming from within the bathroom, it is also only a section of 1-2 inches - other sections are bone dry but this little stretch has gone black (probably mould?). We have the shower not far but it would not spray onto this area. I have had to replace the sealant around the bath a few times as it gets black quite quickly so we may have a damp / mould problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back