Damp patch on concrete near to pipes

OP,

As advised above, why are you still using connectors or any kind of fittings buried in the slab?

FWIW: i would use one-piece lengths of plastic pipe but soft copper would also do.

Sponsored Links
Because I was advised by the other plumber that this would be OK. Why use these type of connectors at all if they will leak?

Because I was advised by the other plumber that this would be OK. Why use these type of connectors at all if they will leak?
Perhaps the "other plumber" doesn't like to solder. That doesn't change the fact of the matter.

Please yourself, but I would either use soldered copper, or as Ree suggests use plastic in such a way that under-floor connections are avoided.

Just spoken to the plumber and he can swap out the plastic with copper, but has advised that joining to the old pipe would have too much water left in to solder. So would need to use compression fitting. Which, to me, seems no different to what I have now.

He has soldered copper fittings under and in the cupboard, so I know it's not because he can't solder.

Sponsored Links
You're right that it's not really different - it's inadvisable to use compression fittings in inaccessible locations either. Sorry. There should be no reason why any water can't be drained/wiped/boiled away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back