Damp patch on engineered oiled oak floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I need some advice please. I had a Kahrs white oak engineered floor laid in January this year. It has an oiled finish. It seems my children have been throwing their juice about and I have discovered a large damp patch underneath an armchair which has turned almost black. I understood that this flooring was sealed [oiled] and that I might need to undertake oiling it myself a couple of times a year. I'm quite shocked at how quickly this seems to have happened - it almost looks as if the floor has no protective qualities whatsoever. Anyway, please could someone tell me how to deal with this stain. I have moved the furniture around to let the air get to it and dry it out, but I don't want to wade in too heavy with the sandpaper in case the whole floor will need sanding to level it out. Could someone also please recommed what finish I could put on the floor to better protect it. The people who sold me this [relatively expensive] floor told me it would be hardwearing, which it doen't seem to be at all. Thanks so much. Tina.

Sponsored Links
Try some steel wool 000 to shift the stain. Every floor needs regular maintenance, re-oiling should not be needed. The company that installed the floor should have left you at least a maintenance leaflet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back