Damp plaster smell in fully titled old bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Im not sure if there's a problem here but it's quite concerning. I've just moved into a lower ground floor level 2 bed flat with a fully titled bathroom. Everything is encased, even the bath. Everytime someone uses the shower (over bath) the smell in the bathroom the next day is strong of damp plaster. There is no window and the extractor is minimally effective, being as it is at the other end of the bathroom.

I can't see under the bath to check the waste outlet without breaking the tiles on the bath (which cant be replaced)

I thought perhaps the smell was from the condensation on the grout between the titles, i hope so!

Has anyone else had this issue. The bathroom is 15 years old, so it's not newly done at all. Also the smell isn't unplesant it's just odd to smell in an old bathroom.

Many THanks!!

S.

Sponsored Links
to get to the source of the problem you are going to have to do some investigating which of course means removing tiles, is it your flat or are you renting?, if it was mine i would investigate if that means ruining your tiles then so be it, it all comes down to how much the smell does your head in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back