Damp Plaster

I agree with everything the lads say. I would look in the yellow pages and get a reputable damp-droofing firm in and get their opinion, also I would stop them doing any more work and dont pay them a penny. You could also get in the local trading standards officer for an opinion. DONT PAY THEM A PENNY.......It is nearly as good as my plastering, when I hold my trowel with my teeth!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Things took a different turn today. They kinda let it slip they are starting another job. Got the impression they're leaving me with a working sink, washing machine and worktops and sodding off. They had the gall to think it was ok if they come back and finish the job in 2 months.

They have secured the waste pipe to the beams with string (waste pipe for the bathroom runs inside the roof space of the extension). Council building inspector refused to accept it.

As requested, here is how it looks with skim. This was done on Monday but photographed today. Let me know what you think.

btw, the "plasterer" is a labourer which is part of the crew. stephen hawking and Stevie Wonder could do a better job. He offered to do my bathroom....err Ill let you know.

I'm gonna call in a damp proofing co and see what they say. Thanks for the advice.

i cant beleive they said they will come back and finish the job in 2 months? thats disgusting, i cant tell what the skim looks like from the pics, but the whole job dont look right bob im sad to say, why the batten behind the unit ?making the unit stand off the wall by an inch looks terrible, have you paid them yet? hope not

The batton is there because thse fkwits did not bother looking at the plan. They put all the units far left off of the picture right next to the cooker hood and have now done that with these cabs. hence when you work back to the wall, you get this gap.

You're right, it looks ****. They're refusing to redo where all the cabs need to go.

Sponsored Links
it looks like all the units will have to come off and placed back in the right position, im in the process of trying to find a kitchen fitter myself ill be doing the plastering but ive never fitted kitchens b4 and dont even want to try, but i bet if i did try it would look better than that, so whats your next move? because of the pipe in the roof and the units and the damp? and electrics you must be well pi**ed off bob

I'm not sure what I am going to do, but I have a few thoughts.

With regard to youy kicthen. It's alot cheaper to fit it yourself. Fitting and aligning the cabs is easy. The hard bit is the worktop. I would get a joiner to that for you. The plumbing.... a few pipes to the sink.

I'm not sure what I am going to do, but I have a few thoughts.

With regard to youy kicthen. It's alot cheaper to fit it yourself. Fitting and aligning the cabs is easy. The hard bit is the worktop. I would get a joiner to that for you. The plumbing.... a few pipes to the sink.
yes bob i must admit it sounds easy, but im paying a couple of grand for the kitchen so i dont want to mess it up, any way i dont want to hijack or divert attention from your post, keep us informed what you do next

really feel for you bob, that's a terrible mess you're in and they sound like cowboys! i'd be considering calling trading standards and getting a letter from my solicitor in the post for what it's worth, you don't want to see them back in your kitchen again as far as i'm concerned but i'd be wanting some money back to get proper trades in to fix the job, they shouldn't be allowed to do that to you!

really feel for you bob, that's a terrible mess you're in and they sound like cowboys! i'd be considering calling trading standards and getting a letter from my solicitor in the post for what it's worth, you don't want to see them back in your kitchen again as far as i'm concerned but i'd be wanting some money back to get proper trades in to fix the job, they shouldn't be allowed to do that to you!

bob it sounds like you may be heading towards a dispute with your builder and if so you have to show that you on your part behaved reasonably.if you think that the work is below par you have to give them a chance to put it right.
i dont know how you feel about that but for what its worth when i had an extension done i got to the point where i just got sick and tired of the **** and his second rate standards in my home.i just wanted the work completed and the builder gone.i changed loads of stuff after but thats my choice
the thing i regret now is paying the tawt.
i look back on it(18 months ago) and realisle i learned a lot from the experience so chin up bob and try to stand your ground
dont pay in full if possible, its hurts twice if you have to pay more to get it put right

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back