Damp Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need Damp proof course on about 1 meter square area. The affected area is ground floor and only lower part of one wall. Just wanted to know, what’s involved in getting it sorted. I have come across some DIY kits to drill and inject some cream into the holes. Would you lot say that this sort of work would be in the scope of a moderate Diy’er? If I get a builder to sort it, what sort of cost would I be looking at?

Sponsored Links
I have used the Diy injection stuff, seemed to do the trick what the longevity of it is, I don't know as I no longer own the property.
It was a simple task of drilling a few holes about 6 inch apart on injecting using a skeleton/cartridge gun.
But I'm sure others on here may have used it and may be able to tell you of any pros/cons it has.

How much a pro would charge depends on wall size and area you live, as that will be a factor.
Best ring around and get some quotes, I'd recommend three and try get some references of previous work carried out.

Is it on an external wall...before you start to cure it have you found the problem...it may be something simple like an overflowing gutter that has saturated the brickwork.

as for how much the injected dpm is i cant help...sorry

I need Damp proof course on about 1 meter square area. The affected area is ground floor and only lower part of one wall. Just wanted to know, what’s involved in getting it sorted. I have come across some DIY kits to drill and inject some cream into the holes. Would you lot say that this sort of work would be in the scope of a moderate Diy’er? If I get a builder to sort it, what sort of cost would I be looking at?
your looking at prob about 150 for dpc dpc 200 - 250 plastering 1 m2 5mm2 mmnimum charge. dpc dpcit yourself a monkey could do it. if using creams drill into mortmortar 6" above external ground level and holes 3 " apart. but look for external defects first gutter, higher ground levels, poor pointing etc

Sponsored Links
It is an external wall. The property has been empty for around a year, so could even be just condensation. Turning heating on regularly might fix it. If it’s caused due to lack of heating, would it still need re-plastering or would it dry out by it self?

It is an external wall. The property has been empty for around a year, so could even be just condensation. Turning heating on regularly might fix it. If it’s caused due to lack of heating, would it still need re-plastering or would it dry out by it self?
if its condensation it will be fine and there will be no need for rereplasteringust wash down any mould with bleach and water mixed or an anantifungalolution and put the heating on. check to see if any salts are on surface of the plaster if so it could be rising damp. dadampproofingan :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back