Damp Proof Course Type

£10 on Amazon and plug it into your phone.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thanks tell80

Ive got four holes open now, about 1/3 of the job done. I'll close holes before I continue onto new holes.

I'll never get it perfect, but I'll get most of the sand and mortar off the slate DPC which straddles the inner and outer leaf

Stevecc,
Thats great, cracking on with it. In fact, if possible can you break the slate that crosses the cavity.
Difficult maybe without smashing the slate DPC but its the best thing to do now the bridging debris is being removed.

FWIW: Actually, I'm an orphan - Barnardos cottage homes, where I had a safe & happy childhood.

Amateur man, those people digging up your back yard are not, as you thought, Community Gardeners.

Sponsored Links
FWIW: Actually, I'm an orphan - Barnardos cottage homes, where I had a safe & happy childhood.

Amateur man, those people digging up your back yard are not, as you thought, Community Gardeners.
what's that got to do with anything ? so what went wrong between then and now ?
As to "knowing "what's happening in my back yard - are you psychic .:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I had thought of breaking the slate between the wall tell80. The advantages of the slate between the walls is that it blocks any mositure from the foundations, the disadvantages is a little sand and mortar and its bridged easily. I think breaking it would be a bit difficult and risk damage to the brick/slate DPC also

Can anyone advise me what the brickwork is below a doorway. Does the cavity wall travels under a doorway, or is it bricked down to foundations?

It appears that there is a lintel under the door and the cavity space continues under the lintel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back