Damp proof membrane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I want to put down a DPM in my shed base, and need to know if my theory is o.k! As im using broken brick hardcore,i figured : hardcore then MOT packed down, then DPM, obviously followed by concrete! Does this sound acceptable to anyone? It's the only thing that makes sense to me! All help gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Put 50 sand blinding over the hardcore, to stop it puncturing the dpm.

50 depth of sand laid and compacted over the hoggin (and don't use type 2, unless you've got some gratis, basic hoggin will do), as a blinding layer.

Sponsored Links
sorry for the misunderstanding. :LOL:

everything shy has said is ok, it is just his grammar that stinks. :D

Ah, see what you mean Nose :oops: : apply 50mm thickness of sand blinding over the hardcore, to stop the harcore puncturing the dpm; put the dpm on top of the sand blinding.

Claro ahora?

Hi, all,
I assume there's a little 'P' taking going on, but just in case anyone ever reads this stuff.
Hardcore first, pounded solid, with a plate.
Then 50mm of sand,
then the membrane,
then the concrete.
:rolleyes:

Ok! Thanks shytalkz/chessspy/noseall

I think it was blatently obvious about the P takes, did'nt realise the site was about that.. I must remember to use that when a novice asks me for advice on my area of knowledge... NOT

That aside, Thanks again. [ bad day!]

I think that you'll find that the píss taking was directed at me ;)

Hope your day gets better - if it's any consolation, my pc has locked nine - make that ten halfway through typing this - times this morning, whilst recovering from data from a remote drive, following a drive failure last week. It now sports a nice big dent in the case and I have a sore foot.

You are not alone, in other words.... :D

I think that you'll find that the píss taking was directed at me ;)

Hope your day gets better - if it's any consolation, my pc has locked nine - make that ten halfway through typing this - times this morning, whilst recovering from data from a remote drive, following a drive failure last week. It now sports a nice big dent in the case and I have a sore foot.

You are not alone, in other words.... :D

Gotcha'! Ive put my toys back in the pram.. Oh the joys of technology!
Thanks Shytalkz. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back