Damp Proof Paint - Best Roller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone

Just joined this forum and am looking for some advice.

I have a room with black mould on the ceilings and damp on the walls. I have had the roof replaced as this was the cause of the mould and damp and I have been instructed to use Thompsons One Coat Damp Seal after removing the mould with neat bleach however I am a bit confused as to the best roller or paint brush to use to put the damp seal paint on. Someone has suggested gloss roller but i can only find these in 4 inch versions. Are these suitable? any links to products or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
I used some zinnser watertite recently and put it on with a cheap medium pile 9" sleeve and 2" brush, chucked both afterwards. The thompsons is probably very similar. Gloss rollers slip and slide around too much. Its quite thick and coverage pretty average, a 4" will take forever and you'll probably get drying marks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back