Damp proofing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a damp problem on the front and back walls of my bungalow. The walls are cavity, I have purchased the damp proofing cream and the drill bit etc., but how do I know when I have filled the inside wall? Won't the cream just fall into the cavity? :(

Sponsored Links
Better to find out what's causing the dampness before you try and fix it.

Lyn - You have opened a whole can of worms here. As stuart45 says you really do need to find the problem before using a DIY damp proof kit. The damp could be caused by any number of defects, from poor ventilation to a defect in the external fabric.

you may also have blocked cavity walls,if thats the case you need to clear the crud out and allow the walls time to dry.if that happens then you may not need the cream anyway.as others have said investigations need to be conducted 1st before any kind of application.

Sponsored Links
Can of worms? Yeuk!!! I hope not. Well I have invited someone to come and complete a "free" survey so I will see what he has to say....... Thanks for all your help.

Lyn -X-

If you invite a damp-proofing salesman into your home, you should expect him to try to sell you damp-proofing.

Yes, I know that. He is coming to complete a "free" survey, but there is no such thing as a free lunch, as they say. -X-

It's quite an old property but will likely have a damp proof course. However, maybe the surrounding land / gardens or whatever are higher than they should be, or gutters are leaking causing splash and so on.
Can you give us any pics of the outside?
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back