Damp section of wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a weird bit of damp on my wall. I have an injected DPC and the damp section seems to sit above the DPC. I bought a damp meter and its shows that the wall is perfectly dry underneath the damp patch but the patch itself is very damp. There are no water pipes anywhere near the patch and the gutter above is not leaking or dripping down. One damp guy said perhaps the sill wasn't dripping properly so I had a drip put on the sill. It made no difference. Does anyone have any ideas!!

Sponsored Links
Really weird that.

Is there a pub nearby and can people access that area easily?

Are there any clues to that area on the inside?

Nope. We plastered in waterproof plaster and its coming through in a couple of small areas but theres nothing that could be causing the damp. And no, I'm not on a pub route home! I always use the flowerbed personally!

Sponsored Links
If it was me I would be drilling out the bed and perp of a brick in the middle so I could remove it and investigate behind

From that photo, the damp section looks very wet in comparison.

Have you moved why obstructions I take the photo?

Are you 100% sure there's no pipework in the wall?[/list]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back