damp stone wall

Sponsored Links
well I have contacted old house websites about the problem and got this reply from a master stone mason.
"Remove external render first and replace with hydraulic lime plaster internally and hydraulic lime render externally.
Decorate with a breathable paint or lime wash internally and externally as required."
I will look to do this when the weather improves!

:)

Remove external render, should never be on stone cottage, render is waterproof so no water gets in, but also waterproof on its other side, so if water does find its way behind then it can never evaporate out, only travel and spread through to internal wall, remove render let it dry, repoint all the pretty stone with lime mortar, easy leash,

Water can get behind render through small cracks, splashes from rain drops at its Base, or water at its top edge under the gutter,, don't inject chemicals into wall, if you inject a wall with waterproof chemicals And its already wet then how the hell does water get out!, trust me I know, paid a bloke to inject my wall, guess what, dry below the injections, wet above them, stripped my pebble dash off, and about 3 months later damp patches finally dried

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back