damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
3 Years ago i moved in to a 2nd floor flat {a detached house turned into 2 flats} previoiusly to moving in the flat was empty for 2 years and there were no signs of damp.

when i moved in i was in agreement with the person living downstairs that the old asbestos roof would be replaced. So after 1 year the roof was replaced with felt and slate tiles. Then about 6months later in the main bedroom behind the wardrobe against the outside wall i notice the wall and the back of the wardrobe had mould on it. It soon spread up the wall and started to creep onto the ceiling. There is no signs that the roof is leaking

Since then i got the old rotten sash windows replaced with double glazing

The flat in general only had night storage heaters in each {2} bedroom and nothing in the lounge. bathroom and hall. In september i got gas central heating in. I got 5 rads, 1 in each room, None of the rads except 1
are on an outside wall.

Since having the heating in on the outside walls particuarly behind the sofa, kids bed etc. the skirting boards and just above them are soaking wet and mould has started to appear.

What is the cause of this and what would be the soloution???
please help

Sponsored Links
definitely conden :cry: do the pipes to the rads run round the outside walls ...this could actually help :idea: Have a look @ the various threads on condensation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back