Damp on Internal Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have lived in our house for just under 2 years. Several months ago we noticed a very small damp patch on my daughters bedroom ceiling, we live in a dorma style house so we have flat roofing. We called out a roofing company who told us all our flat roof would need to be replaced as it was just totally gone the roof apparently it had just been patched up and there was water sitting under the felt. we have had all new rubber roofing put on with a slight incline, this was done front and back and the roofing company came back out to check it was ok. Almost immediately after this was done i found a green like fur ball growing in the corner of my living room (on an internal wall which joins onto next door and kitchen, there are no pipes or sinks or anything near these walls) slowly over the weeks this small patch turned into a large damp patch. We called out a damp company who told us our damp course had gone and they injected DPC into these walls, since then the mould and wetness spread further. We have since spoke to our adjoining neighbours who have also now got wet walls in their living room (but have only just appeared, ours been there a while) they think it is because their roof is now leaking. They have since had their roof fixed and are waiting to see if it stops their wet walls.

We are trying to get damp company out to do a re test to see if new damp course has failed but i am now starting to think that it could have been the roof all along.

The mould is so bad in living room now and kitchen really smells but no sign of mould so could be behind cuboards.

I am so desperate to get this problem sorted and just don't seem to be getting any resolution. Would it be possible to have damp patches on the living room walls if the roof was leaking without their being any damp in bedrooms? There is no damp on any external walls.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back