Damp

OP,
You can step up the DPC if thats what you want. Best practice is to drill and inject at the same level from both sides of the wall.

Thank you for the new pic and info. I was the one confused , not you.
However, will you stand back & take & post a pic of the whole elevation from your window to the neighbour's window.

Its possible that you can cut back the yard wall (about 250mm) to line up with the face of your neighbours jog out - that would break the bridging effect of the yard wall - speak to your neighbour before doing anything to the wall: its a shared wall & they might also want to do something with the wall?

As regards the interior, why not take off the plaster to window board height.
If the above suggestions dont fully work out then by using a remedial mix to re-plaster or render it will give you 10 to 15 years of grace before any more damp signs begin to appear.

FWIW: your window frame should have been set back 75mm from the face of the brickwork.

Sponsored Links
OP,
You can step up the DPC if thats what you want. Best practice is to drill and inject at the same level from both sides of the wall.

If it's going to useless I won't bother, I just thought for £50 of materials and a new drill bit it would be worth a go.

Thank you for the new pic and info. I was the one confused , not you.
However, will you stand back & take & post a pic of the whole elevation from your window to the neighbour's window.

Will do on Friday afternoon as that's the first time I'll be home in the light.

Its possible that you can cut back the yard wall (about 250mm) to line up with the face of your neighbours jog out - that would break the bridging effect of the yard wall - speak to your neighbour before doing anything to the wall: its a shared wall & they might also want to do something with the wall?

The plan is exactly as my image, the wall goes completely into my neighbours wall, so effectively for me the first 30cm or so of wall for me is the side of his house.

As regards the interior, why not take off the plaster to window board height.
If the above suggestions dont fully work out then by using a remedial mix to re-plaster or render it will give you 10 to 15 years of grace before any more damp signs begin to appear.

That's music to my ears. I live in first time buyer land here so the house will probably be on its second or third owner after me in 15 years.

Thanks a lot for the effort you're putting into your answers!

Doug

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back