Damp?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I looked at a house with a friend in August of which they are in the process of purchasing.

Apparently they went back today to measure up for blinds and noticed 2 alarming things.

1. The laminate flooring has risen a fair bit on one side of the room (front part of room)...bowed up. (2 rooms knocked into 1).

2. Lots of damp looking patches on 2 walls. One wall is dot and dab, the other plastered.

The laminate floor was slightly bowed when they visited in august and assumed wasnt fitted with gaps around the edge (under skirting). But, it has risen up quite a lot more in that same area!

Still because of no gap you reckon? Or damp underneath? (Concrete).

They not in a position to lift the floor and vendor not interested in lifting it.

As for the walls, they were clear in august. Now various patches on both walls. Some feel damp.

Dot and dab have to be removed you think? Its at various heights apparently. Nothing at ground level.

House is empty and has been so since it was 'renovated' early 2022.

My friend didnt take any pics.

I told him to get his builder to take a look at it....

Any ideas guys? Ta

Sponsored Links
what did the survey say , i would have expected they went round with a damp meter - all mine did

No damp detected but, these 'damp' marks are random and only now visible. They werent in august.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back