Danesmoor 20/25 lock out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've done a couple of searches and found a possible answer. what is happening is (standard behaviour?)...

lower orange light is on. press the reset button, lower orange light switches off. the motor fires up, and a couple of seconds later, the whoosh

anything from a couple of minutes to 15 minutes later, the whoosh stops, I hear a relay click. the motor stays on for about 30 seconds, then the motor stops, and the lower orange light on the control panels lights up. (boiler is quiet)

some searches have said it might be the transformer? I did a search and found these two

theheatxchange.co.uk/worcester/transformer/87161566960/sku_WOR87161566960
theheatxchange.co.uk/worcester/ebi-052f0004-transformer/87161427300/sku_WOR87161

does anyone know the difference between the two and which one I want? or if anyone has a different link to the item. or a different fault suggestion

I should say, the boiler (owned by parents) has been looked at by an engineer [don't know which] more than once, he couldn't find a fault.

[in advance,,thanks]

Sponsored Links
gracias. the guy came out to look at it for apparently a third time, this time the fault happened while he was watching, replaced solenoid, boiler has been behaving itself so far for 6 hours - basically a fix

Sponsored Links
3 visits to diagnose a common fault.
I hope he's not charging per visit. .!!

to be honest - the first visits, the fault didn't actually manifest itself - the boiler ran ok while he was watching it. this visit was the first time it locked out while watching

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back