Danesmoor 20/25 with Bentone B11 not working! Please help :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
We have just returned to our property after a few months of having left everything switched off. Now our boiler will not work at all. Here are the details:

-Danesmoor 20/25 oil boiler with Bentone B11 burner.
- The system has power and the reset button functions but you do not hear the motor or pump kick in, something is preventing that
- We have about a quarter of a tank of fuel, the tank is indeed a little lower than the level of the house. Should the boiler pump be pulling it through?
- At the burner I have unscrewed the fuel feed to see if any oil is reaching the boiler, nothing comes through to that point, I have done the same at a corner join approx 4m away, outside, and the oil does come out there.
- In the case that there isn't enough fuel would you expect the burner to start the pump and motor anyway to pull it through from source?
- The system worked perfectly before we went away.

I've had someone come and look at it who insists a new burner is the way to go, to the tune of £1350.

Thought i'd enquire here in case he is missing something, I know we have had the thermostat replaced in the past when it hasnt been firing...

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Do you get a humming noise when pressing reset? If so, then it may be a failed capacitor. It may also be a seized fuel pump.
Do you know whether you have a tiger loop fitted, or a one or 2 pipe fuel system?
£1350 may be a little heavy, but all parts are still available for B11 burners.

Do you get a humming noise when pressing reset? If so, then it may be a failed capacitor. It may also be a seized fuel pump.
Do you know whether you have a tiger loop fitted, or a one or 2 pipe fuel system?
£1350 may be a little heavy, but all parts are still available for B11 burners.
Capacitor has already been changed, forgot to mention. Yes to humming noise but not the ordinary louder noise of the motor/pump.
Sorry I can't answer the other questions but have attached a couple of photos if they help...

Attachments

• 1711386468493.jpg
    1711386468493.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 1711386468520.jpg
    1711386468520.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 12
Sponsored Links
As oilhead has said seized oil pump next probability
Has as been stated parts readily available even if it needs pump and motor way less than new burner.
You need a new oil engineer not a new burner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back