Danesmoor 26/32 oil boiler lockout problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lockout problem with a Danesmoor 26/32 boiler.
Electro Oil 11d burner with satronic control box.T830b
The burner has had a new nozzle and photocell replaced.
Boiler fires, with flame then goes off. When the control box is reset the process to lockout takes 30 seconds every time. Was suspecting a fault with the satronic control box.

Customer claims boiler began to lockout after delivery of oil. Pump pressure is stable at 120 during process. Filter at tank, pump filter have been cleaned & nozzle has been changed after delivery.

Fire valve is the wheel/gate headed type - not a fusible link.

Flue balanced square type directly to outside.

I appreciate any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Firstly lets try and work out what is happening, are you saying the burner purges, fires up but will only run for about 30 seconds before Locking out?
that is my understanding of your post, but perhaps you could confirm?

Secondly you have not got a Fire Valve, you have a gate valve which will not shut down the fuel in event of fire - you should strongly recommend that a Remote acting fire Valve be fitted with the valve outside of the property, with the phial inside the boiler case. ;)

thanks for your prompt replies.

that's correct burner purges, fires up but will only run for 30 seconds before locking out.

the fire valve is an old style wheel head fire valve. i have explained to the guy the requirements for a remote type to be fitted externally.

with regards the solenoid coil, i have removed from oil pump and am getting magnetism onto a screwdriver. have also replaced coil with one from spares.

Sponsored Links
thanks for your prompt replies.

that's correct burner purges, fires up but will only run for 30 seconds before locking out.

the fire valve is an old style wheel head fire valve. i have explained to the guy the requirements for a remote type to be fitted externally.

with regards the solenoid coil, i have removed from oil pump and am getting magnetism onto a screwdriver. have also replaced coil with one from spares.

Then it would appear to be the solenoid valve causing the problem
if you have already replaced solenoid coil.

thanks again for your reply. would this mean just replacing the armature/stem on the pump. is this a commen fault?

thanks again for your reply. would this mean just replacing the armature/stem on the pump. is this a commen fault?

Yes. I usually go in there and just replace both. Saves messing with it.
Both are fairly cheap so quickest fix for customer.

The Cost of a Coil and a stem is greater than a complete oil pump !
it is not cost effective to change both components.

I suspect the cause may be other than the oil pump or solenoid

Have you investigated the possiblitiy of false light (the PE cell seeing light before the solenoid opens,) you may have a bright ign spark or some tracking of the HT cables, try turning the photocell through 90' in it's holder, you may find that the burner now runs

Also how stable is the flame while it is alight, if you have an unstable flame the burner wioll lock out (you should be able to hear if the flame is a bit loose! ;)

thank you both for your advice. I have just spoke to the customer regarding the suggestions you have made. He feels that i have tried enough remedies already and no longer requires my services. i have visited him twice, once to look at the job and check pump pressures, coil operation, clean filters etc. And a second time to change nozzle & photocell. He is worried about the cost implications !??!

That means i cant put your words of wisdom into practice, which is very frustrating as i would have enjoyed remedying the problem. Thanks anyway and hope to get advice in the future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back