Danesmoor boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all l need some help with an oil fired boiler problem. I have txt the plumber who services it in the meantime we have had no heat since last night. Iam a spark by trade,so l have a little understanding what I'm doing. I have replaced the ignition tx and the relay which I believe to be faulty and assembled everything back together. Hears the problem... The boiler fires up for about a minute then stops for 30 seconds while the motor continues to run then the boiler fires up again for a minute then stops and so on and so on. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Nozzle, fuel starvation, faulty photo cell, solenoid coil. Afraid theres lots of anomalies.

My bet is its the nozzle not burning correctly

Check your filters first of all. If you have a Gem outlet tank fitting there is a small nut downstream of the isolation knob which a lot of service engineers neglect to check. This becomes blocked over time. If it has never been checked (I have cone across quite a few) then it can be fun and games loosening the nut. You can remove the entire fitting which I sometimes do and give it a blast with compressed air to remove all the sludge.

One of these caught me out the other day...boiler runs for a while and then flame off....re-ignites and so the cycle continues without boiler going to lock-out

Is it a balanced flue boiler with a snorkel?

Thanks Slapper for the suggestions. I have just replaced both the nozzle and the coil but neither has helped. I tested the photocell earlier which appeared to be ok and from my limited experience fuel appears to be ok.. Whatever the problem the relay doesn't like it.....I'm getting some condensation at the top of the unit after 4 minutes....which suggest a little heat inside

Sponsored Links
Thanks awoken for your suggestions. I have a look at that. No it's not a balanced flue system.

Just make sure your flue ways are clear. Also make sure there's no sludge sitting in firevalve fitting which should be fully open (reset button pushed in fully). Crack nut on flexi coming into oil pump to confirm good flow of oil. Also check for water in oil which sometimes causes the symptoms you describe

Good luck and let us know how it goes

No water in the oil. Just about to change the pump to see if that helps.

I have put another pump on and that doesn't help. I think I try a sludge hammer next.

New pump wasn't much help either. My plumber did ring but can't get to me until Monday. The old relay is a tf 830.2 the new one is tf 830.3 but I do not see that a problem. However the new one does not like the situation. I have decided to give up for today, thanks for everyone's help. I will log in later in case someone has any more ideas.

Regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back