danfos 3060 & super mexico Heating only??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all...so have my new unvented cylinder up and running so need to get rid of the old tank currently running off the old boiler (super mexico).

Heating is pumped and water is gravity.

The Danfos 3060 only has options for water with heating or nothing at all, so I need to know how to get the boiler to only run on a heating signal and get the danfos to tell it to fire for heating only...or is it a case of just emptying the old DHW cylinder pipes and let the boiler tick away as before as they are separate circuits for heating and DHW,

OR can the boiler only function if its heating water as well??

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
have my new unvented cylinder up and running so need to get rid of the old tank currently running off the old boiler (super mexico).

Heating is pumped and water is gravity.
Who installed and commissioned the cylinder?

Sponsored Links
Don't panic...don't panic...

New cylinder fitted perfectly fine...just running off the immersion for now and only connected to shower...rest of house on old DHW system which is gravity fed....

can't connect rest of house to new cylinder until old one can be disconnected from old boiler (gravity fed)...

No You tube required thanks...

Randall 3060 will not allow heating only as it was designed specifically for gravity DHW. You need to change the programmer.

Remove old cylinder, cap old flow and return to old cylinder, refill system, set prog to HW and CH, with no cylinder connected it will only leave rads to heat.

Thanks guys. Hoped it was as simple as capping the old cylinder pipes, but was worried that as the boiler had 22 ans 28mm feed and returns that there was abseparate heat exchanger for each and by capping the 28mm pipes id effectively be creating a pipe bomb!

Now i realise they share the same heat exchanger, feed and vent i realise i can just cap off the 28mm and refilll

Cheers

Virgil

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back