Danfoss 40704 TP4000/5000/5000S/5001+RF Heating Control Stopped Working.

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant when I turn up an individual radiator, I like it to get hot straight away. Sometimes, it doesn't even start to get hot until a while. I didn't mean the temperature of the room.

Thanks for the video recommendation, that should really help.

I thought those were just issues that customers experienced with their particular product. If it's with all of them, I think I might just go for the item linked to above.

Thanks.
Even when you turn up the TRV on the radiator it still takes a while for the hot water to fill the radiator. OK, you can feel the warm water coming into the radiator but the radiator getting hot straight away is unrealistic.

As to why modern thermostat, cuts out a little below the setpoint. It's all due to thermodynamics. When the boiler stops, the pump continues circulating for a few minutes and the radiators continue to warm up. That heat then needs to get into the room. The thermostat then senses the actual temp and nudges the boiler a bit to achieve your desired temperature. If the boiler actually stopped at the setpoint, the room temp would rise above that by a degree or two. That occurred in the past with mechanical thermostats and you would experience a cold-warm-cold-warm cycle as the temp would rise abovce your setpoint and then fall below. It's called hysteresis.

You should also find the T4 is less expensive at plumbnation

Sponsored Links
I must have magic radiators because they get hot almost straight away!

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Thank you! I spent hours searching for a definite answer on the web, but there were too many different variations and with SO much to lose, I just couldn't rely on information for 'similar' setups! I learnt that the colours don't really matter in these cases, so was going to open the boiler cover and electric panel to take a photo of where the wires come from and post it here just to be 1,000,000% sure, but you've saved me the trouble! Thanks. As a side note, the Screwfix website stated 0-50 degrees range (which is why I liked this one!), however, the actual manual states 5-35, so maybe that was an error at Screwfix.

Thank you! I spent hours searching for a definite answer on the web, but there were too many different variations and with SO much to lose, I just couldn't rely on information for 'similar' setups! I learnt that the colours don't really matter in these cases, so was going to open the boiler cover and electric panel to take a photo of where the wires come from and post it here just to be 1,000,000% sure, but you've saved me the trouble! Thanks. As a side note, the Screwfix website stated 0-50 degrees range (which is why I liked this one!), however, the actual manual states 5-35, so maybe that was an error at Screwfix.
You are replacing a battery powered control (Danfoss) for another battery powered control. The concerns you saw were probably related to mains powered controllers.

There is nothing to be lost by checking the boiler wiring as well.

Not sure why screwfix would say 0-50C, even 5-35C is more than you should need for the thermostat range. I doubt many would like their room below 5C nor above 35C. 5C allows the heating to come on to prevent frozen pipes, as for 35C unless you are planning on a sauna that should be sufficient.

Thanks for all your help! I managed to install it and nothing blew up! All the radiators came on nice and hot. Only one problem, I was very anxious to get it working to be safe against frozen pipes over this cold weather spell, however, got a text a few hours later that the credit in the gas meter had run out! I won't be getting there until Monday now! Anyway, glad it's all working! Screwfix site still says 0-50!

Thanks for all your help! I managed to install it and nothing blew up! All the radiators came on nice and hot. Only one problem, I was very anxious to get it working to be safe against frozen pipes over this cold weather spell, however, got a text a few hours later that the credit in the gas meter had run out! I won't be getting there until Monday now! Anyway, glad it's all working! Screwfix site still says 0-50!
Good to hear it's working

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back