Danfoss actuator help required!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone out there help.
My friends central heating is up the spout.
I have traced what i believe is the problem. It is a Danfoss 5933 actuator. it is 3 way as there are 3 pipes running from it.
I took the switch off the valve body and all the plastic is broken behind.(I think she must have hit it with the hoover whe she was putting it away cos the actuator is just above floor level........ brainy positioning or what?)
So here's what I need to know.
1) Is the Danfoss 5933 a mid position actuator.
2) as the valve moves freely can I just replace the motorised switch?
3) If I can just replace the switch, is there any other make of switch that would fit on the Danfoss body or will I have to replace like for like?
4) Can you buy just the switch because I can only find them with the valve attached?

Cost is a major issue here as my friend is strapped 4 cash so the cheapest options would be appreciated but not so cheap as it breaks 6 months down the line.

Sponsored Links
1) Is the Danfoss 5933 a mid position actuator.
2) as the valve moves freely can I just replace the motorised switch?
3) If I can just replace the switch, is there any other make of switch that would fit on the Danfoss body or will I have to replace like for like?
4) Can you buy just the switch because I can only find them with the valve attached?

1. There is nothing listed by Danfoss under 5933, so it could be a very old valve. Are there any other numbers etc on either the valve body or the actuator?
2. Possibly; depends on how old the valve is! Old versions had the actuator integral with the body; later versions had replaceable actuators.
3. NO (first part); Yes (second part)
4. Possibly - See 2

There are no other numbers on it. it should be a new valve as her house is a fairly new build. ( the entire estate is less than 10 years old )
It looks like the picture of the danfoss hs3 in the screwfix catalogue.
The motorised switch ( the white bit ) does detatch from the valve body via 2 screws. I have already removed this so that it can be operated manually.
Great help so far but any more ideas with this extra info.

Sponsored Links
There are no other numbers on it. it should be a new valve as her house is a fairly new build. ( the entire estate is less than 10 years old )
It looks like the picture of the danfoss hs3 in the screwfix catalogue.
The motorised switch ( the white bit ) does detatch from the valve body via 2 screws. I have already removed this so that it can be operated manually.
Great help so far but any more ideas with this extra info.
As it is detachable, why not take it along to a decent plumbers merchant and ask them to identify it and get a new one.

If it is the HS3, new actuators should be readily available. But if you have no luck you can always phone Danfoss-Randall on 0845 - 1217 400.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back