Danfoss Actuator HSA3ND vs HSA3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, My Danfoss HSA3ND motorised actuator head has packed up, its a 2 wire actuator. Can I use a 4 wire HSA3 actuator in its place and if so what do I do with the redundant 2 (switch) wires?
I can get an HSA3ND for £120 but I can get a HSA3 for about £40. You'll probably tell me to not be so tight, and I will get the £120 one if I have to, but me being curious, I thought I would ask anyway.

Any advice would be welcomed.
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
They work slightly differently and have different functions.

The Danfoss HSA3ND is a diverter valve. It can only direct water to a) outlet A only, or b) outlet B only

The Danfoss HSA3 is a mid position valve, so it can direct water to a) outlet A only. b) outlet B only. c) outlet A & B.

To put the The Danfoss HSA3ND in the position to allow water to flow to 'A', a live is required on the Brown wire.

HSA3ND
a.JPG

The diagram below shows that to put the The Danfoss HSA3 in the same position to allow water to flow to 'A', a live is required on the Brown wire and the Grey wire. So joining the Brown and Grey wires together will do this.

HSA3
b.JPG

If you don't need the switched output, then the orange wire is simply isolated / insulated and left unused.

This is purely from an electrical aspect, and assumes that they are mechanically interchangeable.

Fantastic Stem, I was 99% sure it was possible. Thanks for the confirmation. They are mechanically interchangeable.
Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back