Danfoss BFP 41 L leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I am experiencing a problem with our Heatslave 15/19 not firing which I think is linked to the oil pump. I've checked out fuel gets to the pump (Danfoss BFP 41) and I have had it exiting the pump to the boiler. this then fires up ok. However there is a leak from the top of the pump around the solenoid valve base, which had suddenly got really bad when the boiler tries to fire up. Now the boiler won't ignite and goes to lock out. Question 1. Can the solenoid valve be opened up to see if its stuck or is there any repair which can be done on it.
Question 2. assuming I have to replace the whole pump, how is it released from the Burner assembly?
Question 3. Is there a way of checking the solenoid valve operation?

Many Thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
You can remove solenoid by retaining hex nut then put metal object in hole of coil to see if it magnetises during start up phase or just do an ohms resistence reading across solenoid terminals. The leak will probably be oilseal coil shaft which can be obtained separately from pump and is replaced by undoing old one from base nut.

Hi Nixt

Thanks for the reply. I've managed to get the pump out and can see the hex nut which is covered by what I presume is the solenoid body. I cannot work out how to get the body off. There's a brass cylinder on top of the solenoid housing with an alan key fitting. This just turns and turns but doesn't unscrew. Could it be faulty. Its here that the oil is appearing when the pump is on.

Thanks
Paul

Keep tutning the brass anti-clockwise it will pop off then coil can be realeased the oil is leaking from the base of the stem that the coil is mounted on not from the coil or the brass nut as these don't carry fuel.

Sponsored Links
hi Nixt,

thanks again. I've just tried your suggestion and the brass fitting on the top of the solenoid just keeps turning freely, but not unscrewing. maybe someone else tried and broke the thread? the oil appears alongside this brass nut at the top of the solenoid housing.

Any further suggestions or is it a new pump job?

Thanks

Paul

you cant just replace you need to re commission boiler set the oil presure and co2 also do a smoke test.

if you dont have the above tools you should call a boiler engineer out ;)

Good point gasandoilman, at least I know where the problem is so that's a starting point.

Any engineers near newmarket on line?

Many Thanks to all

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back